- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda in a small bowl. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, buttermilk, oil, molasses and egg. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir well. Pour into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 16 Squares
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave