- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda in a small bowl. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, buttermilk, oil, molasses and egg. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir well. Pour into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 16 Squares
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet