Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Almonds
- 24 small chunks of cream cheese cut into about 1” long x 1/4” thick
- 24 pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
- 24 salted and roasted whole almonds
- 8 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 24 wooden 6-inch skewers
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stuff 1 chunk of cheese and 1 almond into each date, then wrap one piece of bacon around each date and secure bacon with a toothpick if desired. Arrange dates, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart, on parchment or foil in a shallow baking pan.
Bake 5 minutes, then turn dates over with tongs and bake until bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes more. Drain on a paper towel or parchment. Serve immediately.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"