Cooking with Karli: Chocolate Truffles
- 16 ounces high-quality chocolate (regular or sugar-free)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-½ tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 ounce liqueur or other flavoring (e.g., Kahlúa, Grand Marnier, vanilla)
Bring cream to a boil, then set aside. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler stirring the entire time until it is just melted. Add the cream in three additions. The chocolate will appear to separate a little, but just keep doing the additions as it will return to silky smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl of a food processor, add the butter and emulsify or blend well. (I use a stick blender and am careful not to lift the end out of the chocolate when emulsifying.) Add liqueur, mixing till combined. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight. Scoop 2 tablespoon-size balls with a melon baller or two spoons. Hand roll to a round shape, and coat with your favorite topping. Refrigerate truffles until ready to serve, then bring to room temperature for maximum flavor.
Yield: about 25 truffles
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"