Metro Elementary School Getting an NFL Workout
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — A Lee’s Summit elementary school is about to get a workout, thanks to the NFL’s “Play 60″ program.
On Tuesday, Kansas City Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop presented Cedar Creek Elementary School with a $10,000 grant for their Health and Wellness program.
The NFL chose one school in each league city for the program, with encourages kids to get at least 60 minutes of exercise per day.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss