Firefighter Falls Through Balcony Fighting Motel Fire
LIBERTY, Mo. — One firefighter was injured and dozens of people were evacuated from a Liberty motel fire early Wednesday morning. Firefighters said the fire started around 3 a.m. at the Days Inn in Liberty.
One woman, Amanda Bruce, said she and her family were asleep when the fire started in the room next to theirs. Bruce said her husband woke up to someone screaming. Together, they scrambled to get their two children, ages seven and three, and their belongings out of the room.
Firefighters rescued two people from a second floor room. A police officer rescued another person also trapped on the second floor. A firefighter fell through the second-floor balcony and suffered unknown injuries. He was taken to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
Forty to 50 people were evacuated from the motel and are being assisted by the Red Cross. The cause is still under investigation.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor