My Special Child: Dealing with Hearing Loss
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Babies are typically babbling when they’re about six-months old, and will likely utter their first word around their first birthday – and if they don’t, experts say it’s critical that they have their hearing checked.
In this week’s My Special Child report, FOX 4′s Abby Eden takes a look at why those first three years of life are so critical for any child, but especially one who is deaf.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering