Police Standoff Ends Peacefully
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff ended peacefully Thursday afternoon after an employee of the Missouri Department of Correction’s office barricaded himself inside and threatened to take his own life, according to police.
The standoff took place in the 1300 block of Brush Creek Blvd. shortly before noon.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp said the employee was having “personal problems” and was suicidal. Police were able to negotiate with the man, who surrendered to police peacefully. No other people were in the building.
No other information has been made available at this time.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss