Police Standoff Ends Peacefully
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff ended peacefully Thursday afternoon after an employee of the Missouri Department of Correction’s office barricaded himself inside and threatened to take his own life, according to police.
The standoff took place in the 1300 block of Brush Creek Blvd. shortly before noon.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp said the employee was having “personal problems” and was suicidal. Police were able to negotiate with the man, who surrendered to police peacefully. No other people were in the building.
No other information has been made available at this time.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter