Police Standoff Ends Peacefully
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff ended peacefully Thursday afternoon after an employee of the Missouri Department of Correction’s office barricaded himself inside and threatened to take his own life, according to police.
The standoff took place in the 1300 block of Brush Creek Blvd. shortly before noon.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp said the employee was having “personal problems” and was suicidal. Police were able to negotiate with the man, who surrendered to police peacefully. No other people were in the building.
No other information has been made available at this time.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'