Police Standoff Ends Peacefully
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff ended peacefully Thursday afternoon after an employee of the Missouri Department of Correction’s office barricaded himself inside and threatened to take his own life, according to police.
The standoff took place in the 1300 block of Brush Creek Blvd. shortly before noon.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp said the employee was having “personal problems” and was suicidal. Police were able to negotiate with the man, who surrendered to police peacefully. No other people were in the building.
No other information has been made available at this time.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College