Man Chased, Arrested for Kidnap and Rape of a Woman
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Police arrested a man early Friday morning who they say kidnapped and raped a woman overnight.
Police say that at about 12:30 a.m., a 23-year-old man broke into a woman’s home in south Kansas City. The man had a gun and forced the woman to drive her car to Grandview where he raped her.
Police say the victim is a 37-year-old woman.
At 1 a.m., police located the victim’s car parked at a bank in Grandview and found the suspect and victim inside.
The suspect ran across 71 Highway into a wooded area, escaping police. Kansas City, Mo., police then called in K-9 units and a helicopter to assist Grandview police with the search.
At about 1:50 a.m., police saw the suspect running in the area of Harry Truman Drive and 71 Highway. They say he tried to jump across a creek, but fell, and they arrested him.
Police have not yet released the suspect’s name or information, other than he is 23 years old.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter