Hy-Vee’s Cranberry Almond Granola and Parfait
All you need
- · 2/3 cup frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- · 1/2 cup maple syrup
- · 1/3 cup almond oil or canola oil
- · 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- · 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- · 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- · 5 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- · 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- · 1 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped (4-1/2 ounces)
- · 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (2 ounces)
- · 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
All you do
1. Position racks in top and bottom of oven; preheat to 325 degrees. Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Whisk apple juice concentrate, syrup, oil and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon and salt. Mix oats, wheat germ, almonds and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Stir in the juice mixture; toss to coat. Spread on the prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Reverse sheets top to bottom and back to front. Bake, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes more. Transfer to wire racks; stir in dried cranberries. Let cool completely.
To make ahead: Store airtight for up to 2 months.
Nutrition facts per serving: 263 calories; 11g fat (1g sat, 6g mono); 0mg cholesterol; 37g carbohydrate; 12g added sugars; 6g protein; 5g fiber; 66mg sodium; 223mg potassium.
Source: adapted from Eating Well, Inc.
Serves 19 (1/2 cup each)
Holiday Cranberry Granola Apple Parfait
All you need
- · 1 Honeycrisp apple
- · 1 tsp honey
- · 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- · 2 (6 oz each) containers vanilla Greek yogurt, divided
- · 1/2 cup prepared Cranberry Almond Granola, divided (see recipe below)
All you do
1. Core and dice Honeycrisp apple. In small bowl, combine apple, honey and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In 2 parfait glasses, alternately layer yogurt, apple mixture and granola; repeat layers.
Nutrition facts per serving: 340 calories, 6 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 40 g sugar, 19 g protein.
Daily values: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370