Two Topeka Police Officers Killed in Grocery Store Shooting
TOPEKA, Kan. — Two police officers shot Sunday night in Topeka at a Dillions grocery store died from their injuries, according to police.
Three officers were responding to reports of a suspicious vehicle in the area of 1400 SW Huntoon St. in central Topeka at about 6 p.m., when the two were shot.
Police Chief Ron Miller said 50-year-old David Gogian, a supervisor with the department, and 29-year-old Jeff Atherly, an officer, were killed.
Police have surrounded a home where they believe the suspect is hiding. Read more here.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people