Two Topeka Police Officers Killed in Grocery Store Shooting
TOPEKA, Kan. — Two police officers shot Sunday night in Topeka at a Dillions grocery store died from their injuries, according to police.
Three officers were responding to reports of a suspicious vehicle in the area of 1400 SW Huntoon St. in central Topeka at about 6 p.m., when the two were shot.
Police Chief Ron Miller said 50-year-old David Gogian, a supervisor with the department, and 29-year-old Jeff Atherly, an officer, were killed.
Police have surrounded a home where they believe the suspect is hiding. Read more here.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet