No. 12 Mizzou Thrashes South Carolina St 102-51
COLUMBIA, Mo. — Severely outmatched, the South Carolina State Bulldogs fell 102-51 to the 12th-ranked Missouri Tigers on Monday night at Mizzou Arena.
For South Carolina State, the game wasn’t within reach for very long. The Bulldogs never led once, and shot 29% from the field.
Mizzou took a 31-11 lead on a three-pointer by Laurence Bowers at the 6:03 mark, part of a 13-0 run in the first half. The Tigers led 49-18 at halftime.
This game also featured the debut of Mizzou redshirt sophomore guard Jabari Brown, who didn’t disappoint. Brown, a transfer from Oregon, finished with 12 points and three assists off the bench.
The Tigers shot 56.9% from the field, but just 22.2% from three-point range. They outrebounded the Bulldogs 44-31.
Junior guard Earnest Ross led the Tigers with 16 points and three assists off the bench. Tigers senior forward Alex Oriakhi finished with nine points and 11 rebounds. Bulldogs junior forward Matthew Hezekiah turned in a double-double, finishing with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Missouri takes on No. 10 Illinois next Saturday night in St. Louis.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor