Chocolate Peppermint Tarts
- 2 pkg frozen mini phyllo shells
- 1/3 cup plus ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
- 4oz. bittersweet or semi-sweet baking chocolate, cut into chunks 2oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoon sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon McCormick peppermint extract
Garnish: 1 Tablespoon grated chocolate and/or crushed candy cane (optional) Prepare phyllo shells as directed on package for crisp unfilled tarts. Cool completely.
Microwave 1/3 cup of the cream and chocolate in microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 minute; stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minutes. Spoon a heaping teaspoon into each tart shell. Cool completely.
Beat cream cheese and 2 Tablespoons of the sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat remaining ¾ cup cream, remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar, and peppermint extract in medium bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Stir ½ of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well blended. Gently stir in remaining whipped cream. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon into each tart. Sprinkle with grated chocolate or crushed candy cane if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.