Rasher Potato Bake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound rashers (Irish Bacon) or Canadian Bacon, fried and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, diced into 1 inch cubes and parboiled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup or 1 (8-ounce) package grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large saute’ pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and mushrooms to pan and saute’ until soft. Stir rashers or bacon and parboiled potatoes into saute pan and heat until warm. Season with salt & pepper.
Transfer contents of saute’ pan into a large casserole dish. Pour heavy whipping cream over potato mixture and top with grated cheese. Sprinkle parsley over all and cover tightly with lid.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until heated through Remove lid the last 10 minutes
of baking to achieve a golden brown crust on top.