Sheriff Deputy Dies In Crash On KCK Snow-Packed Road
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A member of the Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Department is dead after a car accident around 11 p.m. Friday.
Major Randy Beery, 36, lost control of his unmarked car, slid off the road and hit a tree near Shawnee Drive and County Line Road in Kansas City, Kan., the sheriff’s department said.
Beery was off duty at the time.
“He leaves behind his personal family of his wife and four children, his immediate family of great people, and also leaves a wonderful family at the WyCo Police Department — it’s a tremendous loss,” Lt. Kelli Bailif said. He was also president of the Turner School Board.
A 26-year-old woman was also in the car with Beery at the time of the accident. She was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK.
The coroner is conducting an autopsy and should have results sometime next week.
The Kansas Highway Patrol continues to investigate the accident.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter