Working on Christmas
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Not everyone gets to sit at home on Christmas Day. There are plenty of people in the metro working hard on a day when most lay around the house. Police, fire fighters, hospital employees and pizza delivery drivers. Yes, pizza makers. Sarpino’s pizza in Westport is open for business delivering the holiday feast all day and night.
Delivery driver Kyle Ballinger says it’s really not that bad working on Christmas.
“The tips are pretty good on Christmas,” said Ballinger. ” They were really good yesterday too.”
Ballinger says the traffic isn’t bad either.
Back at the pizzeria, employees Blaire Geenens and Daniel Lamb fold pizza boxes it pass the in between taking phone orders
“It doesn’t bother me too much, I got to go see my sisters this morning,” said Geenens.
Daniel has worked for Sarpino’s for over a year. It’s his first job and he says he’ll gladly take the time and half wage to work a couple of hours.
“It’s not that bad, I have short hours so I get to see my family still so it’s okay,” said Lamb.
Also open in Westport, the bars. Records Bar and Riot Room both have live music on Christmas night.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'