Toyota Reaches $1 Billion Settlement
(CNN) — Toyota said Wednesday it has reached a $1.1 billion settlement in a class-action suit related to unintended acceleration.
According to Reuters, the deal includes direct payments to customers and installation of a brake override system in more than 3 million vehicles.
A California federal judge must approve the settlement, which also includes a $250 million fund for former Toyota owners who sold vehicles at reduced prices and a separate $250 million fund for owners not eligible for the brake override system.
Please refresh this page for updates. Follow @fox4kc on Twitter for the latest.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Woman charged after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370