Toyota Reaches $1 Billion Settlement
(CNN) — Toyota said Wednesday it has reached a $1.1 billion settlement in a class-action suit related to unintended acceleration.
According to Reuters, the deal includes direct payments to customers and installation of a brake override system in more than 3 million vehicles.
A California federal judge must approve the settlement, which also includes a $250 million fund for former Toyota owners who sold vehicles at reduced prices and a separate $250 million fund for owners not eligible for the brake override system.
Please refresh this page for updates. Follow @fox4kc on Twitter for the latest.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too