Toyota Reaches $1 Billion Settlement
(CNN) — Toyota said Wednesday it has reached a $1.1 billion settlement in a class-action suit related to unintended acceleration.
According to Reuters, the deal includes direct payments to customers and installation of a brake override system in more than 3 million vehicles.
A California federal judge must approve the settlement, which also includes a $250 million fund for former Toyota owners who sold vehicles at reduced prices and a separate $250 million fund for owners not eligible for the brake override system.
Please refresh this page for updates. Follow @fox4kc on Twitter for the latest.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet