Engine Panel Falls Off United Flight After KCI Take-Off
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A United flight bound for Denver Sunday morning from Kansas City International Airport had to turn around after an engine panel fell off the plane.
Flight 4914 left KCI around 9:44 a.m. and had to circle the airfield for another 30 minutes, to burn off fuel, before landing again. Passengers then told FOX 4 they sat on the tarmac for about 40 minutes.
A passenger onboard the flight sent FOX 4 this photo.
No one was hurt and the plane was able to make a safe landing.
United Airlines said customers were being re-accommodated on other flights and the aircraft will undergo a full inspection by maintenance crews.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter