Engine Panel Falls Off United Flight After KCI Take-Off
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A United flight bound for Denver Sunday morning from Kansas City International Airport had to turn around after an engine panel fell off the plane.
Flight 4914 left KCI around 9:44 a.m. and had to circle the airfield for another 30 minutes, to burn off fuel, before landing again. Passengers then told FOX 4 they sat on the tarmac for about 40 minutes.
A passenger onboard the flight sent FOX 4 this photo.
No one was hurt and the plane was able to make a safe landing.
United Airlines said customers were being re-accommodated on other flights and the aircraft will undergo a full inspection by maintenance crews.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire