Engine Panel Falls Off United Flight After KCI Take-Off
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A United flight bound for Denver Sunday morning from Kansas City International Airport had to turn around after an engine panel fell off the plane.
Flight 4914 left KCI around 9:44 a.m. and had to circle the airfield for another 30 minutes, to burn off fuel, before landing again. Passengers then told FOX 4 they sat on the tarmac for about 40 minutes.
A passenger onboard the flight sent FOX 4 this photo.
No one was hurt and the plane was able to make a safe landing.
United Airlines said customers were being re-accommodated on other flights and the aircraft will undergo a full inspection by maintenance crews.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'