Engine Panel Falls Off United Flight After KCI Take-Off
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A United flight bound for Denver Sunday morning from Kansas City International Airport had to turn around after an engine panel fell off the plane.
Flight 4914 left KCI around 9:44 a.m. and had to circle the airfield for another 30 minutes, to burn off fuel, before landing again. Passengers then told FOX 4 they sat on the tarmac for about 40 minutes.
A passenger onboard the flight sent FOX 4 this photo.
No one was hurt and the plane was able to make a safe landing.
United Airlines said customers were being re-accommodated on other flights and the aircraft will undergo a full inspection by maintenance crews.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong