Police: Man Left Baby At Strip Club
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — A man from Illinois is accused of leaving his infant son inside a Florida strip club, that doubled as a liquor store, Sunday night.
Police say the man and the baby’s mother were transients — who recently moved to the Daytona Beach area.
According to police, the man, identified as Kenneth Rowe, Jr., asked a store clerk to watch his kid and took off.
Police say the 26-year-old was already drunk when he showed up at the Shark Lounge and Liquor Store.
He told the clerk he was just going outside to smoke a cigarette, witnesses said.
The clerk agreed and told WESH-TV she was concerned about the baby in the cold, but that’s when he disappeared.
The lounge and liquor store owner called police who arrested Rowe, who now faces charges of neglect of a child.
The baby was returned to his mother, the TV station reported.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering