Photo: Unborn Baby Grabs Doctor’s Finger Before Delivery
PEORIA, Ariz. — An unborn baby grabs the finger of the doctor who’s about to deliver her into the world. Unbeknownst to her, her father was standing by with a camera and snapped a photo.
In an interview with ABC15, the doctor, Allen Sawyer, said it was a “rare” moment. He said he typically sees the baby’s head first, but in the case of little Navaeh Atkins, she reached out with her tiny hand and held on.
Her mother, Alicia Atkins, a professional photographer herself, posted the picture on Facebook and wrote, “I am in awe of this photo. Something to remember forever.” Thousands of others are in awe too. The photo has been shared thousands of times and has caught the attention of several news organizations.
As a gift, Alicia and her husband Randy printed the photo and gave it to Dr. Sawyer. It now hangs in his office.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College