Teen Accidentally Shoots, Kills Brother For Facebook Photo
PHOENIX — It’s a horrifying story from Arizona. A teen accidentally shoots and kills her brother while posing with a gun — for a Facebook photo.
Police say it happened around 6 a.m. Monday in Phoenix after a long night of drinking.
Twenty-two-year-old Manuel Ortiz was with his sister, who’s name has not been released, and two others when the deadly accident happened.
Police say someone in the group pulled out a handgun to pose with in photos. It’s unknown if anyone knew the gun was loaded.
Police say Ortiz died instantly.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos said the victim’s sister would likely be charged with manslaughter if tests conclude she had alcohol in her system, the Daily Mail reported.
Both Manuel and his sister’s Facebook profiles have numerous shots of them posing with guns and making gang symbols, the paper said.
Police said they were looking into who owned the gun.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave