Teen Accidentally Shoots, Kills Brother For Facebook Photo
PHOENIX — It’s a horrifying story from Arizona. A teen accidentally shoots and kills her brother while posing with a gun — for a Facebook photo.
Police say it happened around 6 a.m. Monday in Phoenix after a long night of drinking.
Twenty-two-year-old Manuel Ortiz was with his sister, who’s name has not been released, and two others when the deadly accident happened.
Police say someone in the group pulled out a handgun to pose with in photos. It’s unknown if anyone knew the gun was loaded.
Police say Ortiz died instantly.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos said the victim’s sister would likely be charged with manslaughter if tests conclude she had alcohol in her system, the Daily Mail reported.
Both Manuel and his sister’s Facebook profiles have numerous shots of them posing with guns and making gang symbols, the paper said.
Police said they were looking into who owned the gun.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong