Little Girl Says Thanks to Blood Donors
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — January is historically the toughest time of the year for blood banks to attract donors, but that may change thanks to a young girl who stepped up to say thanks to the donors who saved her life.
Sierra Hitsman, 7, suffers from sickle-cell disease, and needed seven blood transfusions in two months to reduce her risk of dying from a stroke. On Thursday, she had the chance to tell the people who donated the blood that kept her alive thank you.
FOX 4′s John Pepitone is Working for You with the report.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit