Little Girl Says Thanks to Blood Donors
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — January is historically the toughest time of the year for blood banks to attract donors, but that may change thanks to a young girl who stepped up to say thanks to the donors who saved her life.
Sierra Hitsman, 7, suffers from sickle-cell disease, and needed seven blood transfusions in two months to reduce her risk of dying from a stroke. On Thursday, she had the chance to tell the people who donated the blood that kept her alive thank you.
FOX 4′s John Pepitone is Working for You with the report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter