Little Girl Says Thanks to Blood Donors
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — January is historically the toughest time of the year for blood banks to attract donors, but that may change thanks to a young girl who stepped up to say thanks to the donors who saved her life.
Sierra Hitsman, 7, suffers from sickle-cell disease, and needed seven blood transfusions in two months to reduce her risk of dying from a stroke. On Thursday, she had the chance to tell the people who donated the blood that kept her alive thank you.
FOX 4′s John Pepitone is Working for You with the report.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'