Cauliflower & Couscous Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups finely chopped cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup currants
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat couscous
- ½ cup sliced scallion greens
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add cauliflower and salt; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add broth, orange zest, juice and currants; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous and scallions. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition information per serving: 163 calories, 3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g protein, 6 g fiber, 239 mg sodium, 356 mg potassium