BBQ Pitmaster Wins on TLC Reality Show
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A BBQ competitor has two big things to celebrate right now — the launch of his new line of BBQ and rubs and he just won a major BBQ contest on the TLC network.
“Pitmasters” was shot during the American Royal Competition and Rod Gray said it was great to win on his home turf.
“We’ve cooked over 400 contests but believe it or not when they turned the cameras on it was like we were newbies all over again,” Gray said.
The show was taped back in October, but since it didn’t air until Sunday night, he had to keep his major news secret.
Gray’s BBQ and rubs are available at metro area Price Chopper stores.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370