Man Dead After Apparent Drug-Related Shooting, Police Say
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man in his 20s is dead after a shooting Tuesday night on the southside of Kansas City, Mo.
It happened just before 7 p.m. near Loma Vista Drive and Blue Ridge Boulevard.
Police said two men approached the home with an intent to sell drugs. The man who was shot, who has not been identified, answered the door.
There was another man at home at the time who ran to the living room, after hearing gun shots, where he found his roommate shot.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, officers said.
Police said the men involved in the alleged drug deal-turned-shooting took off in a white car. The duo is well-known to officers in the area, police told FOX 4.
As of 8:30 p.m., police were waiting for search warrants to go into the home.
Anyone with information is urged to call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
This is the second homicide of 2013 for Kansas City, Mo.
This is a developing story. Please refresh this page for updates. Follow @fox4kc on Twitter for the latest.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370