Deadly Ski Resort “Zorb” Accident Caught on Video
DOMBAI, Russia — One man was killed and another seriously injured after a ride in a “Zorb” at a Russian ski resort turned deadly in an terrifying accident caught on video.
According to the U.K. Daily Mail, Denis Burakov, 27, and Vladimir Shcherbov, 33, were inside the Zorb — essentially an inflatable sphere — when it veered away from the ride’s handlers and plunged down a steep, rocky canyon before coming to rest by a lake nearly a mile away.
WARNING: Disturbing video – viewer discretion advised.
The accident happened at the Dombai resort complex in Russia’s North Caucasus mountains.
Burakov was killed in the accident after suffering a broken neck and spine. Shcherbov suffered a concussion and multiple lacerations to the head and body, but was treated and released from the hospital, officials said.
Russian Police have begun an a criminal investigation into the accident. If found guilty of negligence, the Zorb’s operators could face up to 10 years in prison.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings