MLS All-Star Rumors Swirling Around Livestrong Park
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The Sporting Kansas City 2013 schedule is out, but it’s the game that’s not quite officially on the schedule that has metro soccer fans talking.
On Thursday, MLS commissioner Don Garber is expected to be at Livestrong Sporting Park, where it is speculated that he will announce that the 2013 MLS All-Star Game will be played at the Wyandotte County stadium.
In a press release on Wednesday, the league made no mention of the game, instead simply saying that the commissioner will be talking about the upcoming season and to answer questions from the press.
But on Wednesday morning, FOX 4 took a screengrab from the Ticket Master website announcing the sale of 2013 MLS All-Star Game tickets at Livestrong Sporting Park. The page has since been removed.
Livestrong was in the running for the 2012 game, but that match went instead to Philadelphia, where over 20,000 fans showed up. The year before that, the game was played in New York with 26,000 in attendance, and the year before that it was played in Houston in front of 70,000 fans.
In an interview with FOX 4 last year, Garber said that it wasn’t a matter of if but when the MLS All-Star Game is played at Livestrong.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'