UPDATE: Standoff Over Wrong Drive-Thru Order Over, 3 Arrested
WICHITA, Kan. — Authorities say that a man upset over an incorrect fast-food order was in a standoff with police for much of Wednesday.
The incident ended around 2 p.m. Three people were arrested, according to police.
No one was hurt.
According to KAKE-TV in Wichita, the incident began around 7:30 a.m. at a West Wichita McDonald’s drive-thru when a man reportedly was upset after driving away with an incorrect order. The man then tried to cut in front of another vehicle in the drive-thru, which led to an argument that culminated with the man firing a shotgun into the air after a woman threw a crowbar at his car.
The driver then drove away. Police tracked him to a home where they spent much of the morning trying to coax the people to come outside.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering