UPDATE: Standoff Over Wrong Drive-Thru Order Over, 3 Arrested
WICHITA, Kan. — Authorities say that a man upset over an incorrect fast-food order was in a standoff with police for much of Wednesday.
The incident ended around 2 p.m. Three people were arrested, according to police.
No one was hurt.
According to KAKE-TV in Wichita, the incident began around 7:30 a.m. at a West Wichita McDonald’s drive-thru when a man reportedly was upset after driving away with an incorrect order. The man then tried to cut in front of another vehicle in the drive-thru, which led to an argument that culminated with the man firing a shotgun into the air after a woman threw a crowbar at his car.
The driver then drove away. Police tracked him to a home where they spent much of the morning trying to coax the people to come outside.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet