Man Killed After Shooting at Police on I-435
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — One man was killed early Tuesday morning in a shootout with police, leaving both directions of I-435 at Front Street closed for several hours during the morning rush.
The incident began with a police chase in Independence. Officers attempted to stop the suspect by putting spikes in the road, but the man kept driving, eventually into Kansas City, Missouri.
KCMO officers picked up on the chase and followed the man onto I-435 SB. The suspect got out of his car and began shooting at officers. Officers returned fire, killing him. The shoot out happened about a half mile South of I-435 and Front Street.
The name of the suspect has not yet been released. No officers were injured in the incident. The northbound lanes finally reopened around 7:45 a.m. after being closed for several hours. The southbound lanes reopened about 8:30 a.m.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident