Man Found Shot, Dead Following Standoff
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police investigated a homicide Tuesday night at a liquor store near 75th Street and Troost Avenue in Kansas City, Mo.
When police arrived, they said the found a man shot dead after 8 p.m. The man could be the victim of a carjacking, police said.
A standoff related to the homicide happened a short time later in the 1400 block of E. 72nd Street, police said.Police said the shooting victim’s car was found in front of the home.
Troost Avenue and 75th Street was closed for several hours Tuesday night.
After about two hours, police said the standoff was over. Five people came out of the home and surrendered, police said.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss