Man Found Shot, Dead Following Standoff
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police investigated a homicide Tuesday night at a liquor store near 75th Street and Troost Avenue in Kansas City, Mo.
When police arrived, they said the found a man shot dead after 8 p.m. The man could be the victim of a carjacking, police said.
A standoff related to the homicide happened a short time later in the 1400 block of E. 72nd Street, police said.Police said the shooting victim’s car was found in front of the home.
Troost Avenue and 75th Street was closed for several hours Tuesday night.
After about two hours, police said the standoff was over. Five people came out of the home and surrendered, police said.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'