Three Charged in Attack of Independence Delivery Driver
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Three people have been charged in an attack last week that left a 51-year-old man severely beaten in the road.
James M. Hollis, 20, Brandy N. Locke, 29, both of Independence, and Luis A. Reyes, 17, of Kansas City, each face assault and armed criminal action charges in connection with the beating, prosecutors said Tuesday.
According to court records, the victim was a delivery man for a Chinese restaurant in Independence and was making a delivery to the 2200 block of Hall Ave. on Friday night.
Police later found him badly beaten in the street.
Witnesses told police Hollis and Reyes said they tried to rob a delivery driver and beat him with fists and a baseball bat.
One defendant told police that Reyes struck the delivery man multiple times with the bat.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter