Three Charged in Attack of Independence Delivery Driver
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Three people have been charged in an attack last week that left a 51-year-old man severely beaten in the road.
James M. Hollis, 20, Brandy N. Locke, 29, both of Independence, and Luis A. Reyes, 17, of Kansas City, each face assault and armed criminal action charges in connection with the beating, prosecutors said Tuesday.
According to court records, the victim was a delivery man for a Chinese restaurant in Independence and was making a delivery to the 2200 block of Hall Ave. on Friday night.
Police later found him badly beaten in the street.
Witnesses told police Hollis and Reyes said they tried to rob a delivery driver and beat him with fists and a baseball bat.
One defendant told police that Reyes struck the delivery man multiple times with the bat.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins