Man, 23, Charged In Shooting Death Near KC Liquor Store
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 23-year-old Kansas City man has been charged in the shooting death of Demon Woolridge Tuesday night, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Woolridge’s body was found shot in a parking lot near 75th Street and Troost Avenue just after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police said Woolridge died at the scene.
According to court documents, Raymond Douglas, 23, shot Woolridge after an argument and then took off in his car, witnesses said.
That car was found a few blocks away and prompted a short standoff with police. Prosecutors say a gun was found at the home where Douglas was arrested.
Douglas is currently being held on a $250,000 bond.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss