Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced in Kansas Senate
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Lawmakers have introduced a new bill in the Kansas state senate that would legalize medical marijuana.
The Cannabis Compassion and Care Act would call for strict regulations controlling medical marijuana, providing for its legal use only for certain medical conditions.
A similar bill was introduced in the Kansas Senate in 2011, where it died in committee. Medical marijuana advocates say that there is more support for the legislation this time around.
Medical marijuana is currently legal in 18 states and the District of Columbia, with marijuana being legalized – at least on the state level – in Washington State and Colorado.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet