Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced in Kansas Senate
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Lawmakers have introduced a new bill in the Kansas state senate that would legalize medical marijuana.
The Cannabis Compassion and Care Act would call for strict regulations controlling medical marijuana, providing for its legal use only for certain medical conditions.
A similar bill was introduced in the Kansas Senate in 2011, where it died in committee. Medical marijuana advocates say that there is more support for the legislation this time around.
Medical marijuana is currently legal in 18 states and the District of Columbia, with marijuana being legalized – at least on the state level – in Washington State and Colorado.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor