Metro Man Charged with Rape of Teen in Tennessee
BUTLER, Mo. — An Overland Park man is now in a Missouri jail in connection to the rape of a teenage girl in Nashville, Tennessee.
Robert Gene Lile, 55, a convicted sex offender, is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl at a Nashville hotel room on Saturday. According to the Nashville Tennessean newspaper, Lile was managing the girl who was in Nashville to compete in a talent showcase.
Lile then allegedly left the girl behind at the hotel. Police say that the girl then contacted her parents.
On Monday, Lile was arrested at the home of a relative in Butler, Missouri. He faces five counts of aggravated rape in Tennessee. He has reportedly waived extradition back to Tennessee.
Lile was convicted in 1983 of rape and kidnapping in Johnson County, Kansas, and served 20 years in prison. According to the Tennessean, Lile is the co-founder of Studio 57 Entertainment and Elect 9 Records.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop