First Lady Michelle Obama Joins Twitter
The First Lady Michelle Obama is now on Twitter, choosing to join the social site on her 49th birthday.
In the first 20 minutes of joining Twitter, Mrs. Obama gained over 4,000 followers. The request by her office for a birthday retweet probably helped in getting more eyes on her account.
Reminiscent of a photo from Awkward Family Photos, Mrs. Obama’s avatar features her posing with the Obama family’s beloved dog, Bo. Bo stole the show during a Christmas Eve book reading at Children’s National Medical Center. Who’s to say Bo won’t also join Twitter. Could happen.
Mrs. Obama husband, President Barack Obama, has made history — twice — on Twitter. His tweets posted after his first and second election became some of the most popular ever posted. His “four more years” tweet in which he’s seen hugging Mrs. Obama after being re-elected holds the record for most retweets.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370