Mean Instagram Account Posts Pics of ‘Ugly’ Students; Police Respond
LADUE, Mo. — A disturbing Instagram account, reportedly created by a middle school student in Ladue, Mo., forced the school district there to increase security personnel in an effort to protect students and staff.
Ladue is about 12 miles west of St. Louis.
Authorities say someone created an Instagram profile called “Ladue’s Ugliest” and posted pictures of several other students on the profile.
The message on the profile read, “I take picture of people from Ladue and if you’re ugly, you’ll get posted.”
The content was insensitive and troubling, but it was a second Instagram account that caused the most alarm.
When school officials discovered the first account, they contacted Instagram to have the account shut down. However, after the story made news in the St. Louis area, another Instagram profile popped up with a similar name called “Ladues_Ugliest1″, along with a message that said, “Those who cry to the news can’t stop me.” This Instagram account creator used a picture of Adam Lanza, the man who killed 26 in Sandy Hook, Connecticut last month.
That account was shut down by Thursday morning.
Ladue Police reported to all seven campuses in the Ladue School District on Thursday to help calm and secure the uncertain situation.
“We have questioned students, but at this point we don’t know who did it,” Ladue School District Communications Director Susan Dielmann said.
Click here for updates from fox2now.com in St. Louis.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop