Men: An Extreme Minority in Nursing
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Of all professions, nursing is among the least reflective of the general population. Only seven percent of registered nurses are men. But there are signs the number will increase.
Enrollment in nursing schools is now 12 percent male, and the American Assembly for Men in Nursing has a goal of 20 percent male nursing students by 2020.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean went to one metro university where the picture of nursing is changing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter