Attempted Carjacking at a Lee’s Summit Gas Station
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — Police are looking for a man and his accomplice who attempted to a carjacking early Friday morning at the 7-11 gas station located in the 900 block of SW Oldham Parkway.
When police arrived at the scene at about 3:15 a.m., they found the victim and his car off the road near the 7-11 parking lot.
The victim told police that he was parked at the gas pumps when a man came up to him with a gun and ordered him to give him his car. According to the police report, the suspect then got into the car on the driver’s side. The victim then got in on the passenger side and struggled with the carjacker.
The victim says during the struggle, the suspect tried to drive out of the parking lot, but lost control of the car, sending it off the pavement. The suspect then jumped out of the car and ran back to a car waiting for him in the parking lot. They drove away from the scene and officers say they attempted to catch up to the car, but were never able to close the distance.
Officers pursued the car from the 7-11 to Ward Road and 150 Highway– about 4 miles– before they stopped their attempts to catch up to it.
The victim was not injured. Police were talking to him Friday morning to try to get a suspect description.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident