Forte: New Gun Laws Not Enough
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Missouri’s top cop says that he supports President Barack Obama’s plan to ban assault weapons, but he says that new gun laws alone are not enough to cut down on the gun violence plaguing the city.
KCPD Chief Darryl Forte says that in addition to the President’s proposals, he has several ideas of his own that he feels would be effective for Kansas City, where over 80 percent of the city’s 108 homicides in 2012 involved guns.
FOX 4′s Mary Pulley is Working for You with the report.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet