Forte: New Gun Laws Not Enough
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Missouri’s top cop says that he supports President Barack Obama’s plan to ban assault weapons, but he says that new gun laws alone are not enough to cut down on the gun violence plaguing the city.
KCPD Chief Darryl Forte says that in addition to the President’s proposals, he has several ideas of his own that he feels would be effective for Kansas City, where over 80 percent of the city’s 108 homicides in 2012 involved guns.
FOX 4′s Mary Pulley is Working for You with the report.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College