Forte: New Gun Laws Not Enough
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Missouri’s top cop says that he supports President Barack Obama’s plan to ban assault weapons, but he says that new gun laws alone are not enough to cut down on the gun violence plaguing the city.
KCPD Chief Darryl Forte says that in addition to the President’s proposals, he has several ideas of his own that he feels would be effective for Kansas City, where over 80 percent of the city’s 108 homicides in 2012 involved guns.
FOX 4′s Mary Pulley is Working for You with the report.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor