Forte: New Gun Laws Not Enough
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Missouri’s top cop says that he supports President Barack Obama’s plan to ban assault weapons, but he says that new gun laws alone are not enough to cut down on the gun violence plaguing the city.
KCPD Chief Darryl Forte says that in addition to the President’s proposals, he has several ideas of his own that he feels would be effective for Kansas City, where over 80 percent of the city’s 108 homicides in 2012 involved guns.
FOX 4′s Mary Pulley is Working for You with the report.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'