Girl Bullied for Large Breasts, Mother Shocked by School District Response
MOLINE ACRES, Mo. — A mother is fighting to protect her daughter from being harassed at school, but said the school has done little to help.
Tammie Jackson said her daughter attends Central Middle School in Moline Acres and has been bullied about her large breasts beginning last semester. Jackson said when she called the Riverview Gardens School District to complain, she was shocked by the response.
According to FOX 2 Now, Jackson said the woman who took her call didn’t seem to take her concerns very serious.
“The lady on the phone said they could transfer my daughter and said her boobs were so large she will always get teased,” Jackson told FOX 2 Now. “And the only suggestion she had for me is to have my 13-year-old daughter get a breast reduction.”
In response, school district superintendent Clive Coleman told FOX 2 Now, they’re working to counsel students to resolve the bullying issue. Regarding the claims that someone within the school district told Jackson she should have her daughter’s breast reduced, Coleman said they’re still looking into that.
“We’re still investigating it,” he said. “And to be honest with you, I think maybe it’s a product of miscommunication, interpretation of information.”
Read more from FOX 2 Now.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop