Kansas Child, 8, Drowns in Bathtub
EDGERTON, Kan. — An eight-year old girl with a history of health problems was pronounced dead Thursday night after she drowned in the bathtub.
Paramedics were called to the home on East 2300 Road in Southeast Douglas County.
The girl was unconscious in the bathtub. A neighbor and emergency responders performed CPR to try to revive her, and the treatment continued as she was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say her death appears to be accidental. The girl lived with her grandparents.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet