Kansas Child, 8, Drowns in Bathtub
EDGERTON, Kan. — An eight-year old girl with a history of health problems was pronounced dead Thursday night after she drowned in the bathtub.
Paramedics were called to the home on East 2300 Road in Southeast Douglas County.
The girl was unconscious in the bathtub. A neighbor and emergency responders performed CPR to try to revive her, and the treatment continued as she was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say her death appears to be accidental. The girl lived with her grandparents.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering