Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta More Than 3,000 Calories
Courtesy: Cheesecake Factory
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A pasta dish at a popular chain eatery is more than 3,000 calories — more than a day and a half of the recommended caloric intake for an average adult.
The Cheesecake Factory’s Bistro Shrimp pasta dish is among one of the unhealthiest dishes at U.S. chain restaurants, according to the Center for Science in the Public Interest.
At 3,120 calories, along with 89 grams of saturated fat, it’s enough to make your arteries extra busy — from Monday morning to noon on Friday, in fact, the center said.
RELATED: To see the full list, click here
Typical adults are advised to consume no more than 20 grams of saturated fat and 1,500 milligrams of sodium per day, REUTERS reported.
But, the Cheesecake Factory is no stranger to calories. Each slice of one of their famous cheesecakes will cost you about 1,000 calories.
Other foods that made the list:
- Johnny Rockets’ Bacon Cheddar Double Hamburger with 1,770 calories, 50 grams of saturated fat and 2,380 milligrams of sodium. For comparison, three Quarter Pounders with Cheese from McDonald’s have 1,570 calories.
- Cheesecake Factory’s Crispy Chicken Costoletta with 2,610 calories, 89 grams of saturated fat and 2,720 milligrams of sodium. CSPI said an entire 12-piece bucket of KFC Original Recipe fried chicken has about the same number of calories but less than half the saturated fat. Cheesecake Factory told Reuters that dish has 2,560 calories, 86 grams of saturated fat and 2,767 milligrams of sodium.
- Smoothie King’s Peanut Power Plus Grape Smoothie, which includes peanut butter, banana, sugar and grape juice. A 40-ounce, large size of that drink has 1,460 calories and 22 teaspoons of added sugar plus 29 teaspoons of naturally occurring sugar.
- - Chocolate Zuccotto Cake from Maggiano’s Little Italy. One slice weighs nearly one pound and has 1,820 calories, 62 grams of saturated fat and 26 teaspoons of added sugar – or 15 Hostess Ho Hos, CSPI said.
(list courtesy of Reuters)
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop