McGruder Leads No. 16 K-State to 69-60 Win Over Oklahoma
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Rodney McGruder scored 20 points, and the 16th-ranked Kansas State Wildcats outlasted the Oklahoma Sooners 69-60 on Saturday afternoon at Bramlage Coliseum.
Oklahoma (12-4, 3-1 Big 12) took a 12-7 lead on a jumper by Andrew Fitzgerald. The Sooners controlled the majority of the first half, but Rodney McGruder hit three consecutive 3-pointers to put the Wildcats up 30-25 with 3:13 to play in the first half. Shane Southwell’s 3-pointer gave the Wildcats a 35-27 lead at halftime.
Kansas State (15-2, 4-0 Big 12) maintained the lead throughout the second half. Another McGruder 3-pointer put the Cats up 49-37 with 9:49 to play. The Sooners managed to hang around, and trailed 58-52 with 3:13 remaining, but a 3-pointer by Angel Rodriguez put a stop to the rally.
Southwell finished with 12 points and seven rebounds. Rodriguez had 12 points, nine assists, and three steals. Spradling added 15 points. K-State shot 44% from the field, and 42% from beyond the arc.
The Sooners outrebounded the Wildcats 36-24. OU shot 47% from the field, and 42% from 3-point range. The Sooners racked up 16 turnovers. The Wildcats finished with eight TO’s.
K-State hosts the fourth-ranked Kansas Jayhawks on Tuesday night.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet