TRAFFIC ALERT: Work Begins on I-35, Route 291 Interchange
LIBERTY, Mo. — Improvements began Saturday at the Interstate 35 and Route 291 interchange in Liberty.
Crews have set-up temporary barriers on I-35 for traffic control during construction, which is expected to be completed by December.
On Saturday, several southbound and northbound lanes of I-35 will be closed temporarily. Route 291 will have closures as well, although the Department of Transportation said they plan to keep at least one lane of traffic open in each direction.
The $10.5 million project will replace the existing bridge with a wider structure, widening and adding turn lanes on and off Route 291 and a “multi-use” path on the north side of the bridge for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter