TRAFFIC ALERT: Work Begins on I-35, Route 291 Interchange
LIBERTY, Mo. — Improvements began Saturday at the Interstate 35 and Route 291 interchange in Liberty.
Crews have set-up temporary barriers on I-35 for traffic control during construction, which is expected to be completed by December.
On Saturday, several southbound and northbound lanes of I-35 will be closed temporarily. Route 291 will have closures as well, although the Department of Transportation said they plan to keep at least one lane of traffic open in each direction.
The $10.5 million project will replace the existing bridge with a wider structure, widening and adding turn lanes on and off Route 291 and a “multi-use” path on the north side of the bridge for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor