TRAFFIC ALERT: Work Begins on I-35, Route 291 Interchange
LIBERTY, Mo. — Improvements began Saturday at the Interstate 35 and Route 291 interchange in Liberty.
Crews have set-up temporary barriers on I-35 for traffic control during construction, which is expected to be completed by December.
On Saturday, several southbound and northbound lanes of I-35 will be closed temporarily. Route 291 will have closures as well, although the Department of Transportation said they plan to keep at least one lane of traffic open in each direction.
The $10.5 million project will replace the existing bridge with a wider structure, widening and adding turn lanes on and off Route 291 and a “multi-use” path on the north side of the bridge for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store