What’s Open, Closed for MLK Holiday
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Most retail stores, gas stations, malls, liquor stores and restaurants are open for the MLK holiday on Monday, however it’s best to call ahead to be sure.
- Post offices: There is no mail delivery on Monday
- Stock Market: closed
- Banks: Most banks are closed for the holiday, with some exceptions.
- Libraries: closed
- City/State offices: There might be exceptions, but most are closed
- Schools: Public schools are closed
- Restaurants: most open regular business hours; call head to confirm
- Trash pick-up: None in KCMO
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet