OP Police Investigate Possible Road-Rage Shooting
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Police are investigating following a shooting incident Metcalf Avenue on Monday morning.
According to authorities, police were called around 7:40 a.m. on Monday in response to reported road rage between two vehicles going northbound on Metcalf. Police say that the victim reported being shot at by another driver in the area of 79th and Metcalf after the two vehicles were allegedly cutting each other off and tailgating in traffic.
Police say that the victim’s vehicle was hit once, as was a vehicle for sale in a car dealership located on the northeast corner of 79th and Metcalf.
The suspect’s vehicle is described as a black two-door passenger car, believed to be a Ford or a Mercury, with Kansas tags and occupied by a lone male.
Anyone with any information on the case is asked to call the Overland Park Police Department at (913) 895-6300.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom