Council Approves ‘Drunk Driving’ Permits
IRELAND — Knock back a few drinks and get behind your wheel. That could soon be reality in southwestern Ireland.
While three voted “no,” five others voted for the measure. The new permits would allow those who want a brew to have up to 2 or 3 drinks and still be under the legal limit.
The permits, however, would only be good in rural areas.
One council member claimed drinking and driving in those areas “never killed anyone,” according to the Huffington Post.
Read more from the Huffington Post.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering