Group Wants Missouri Schools Graded Like Students
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Students can expect to see a letter grade on their report cards at the end of the year. Now, a group wants to do the same thing for entire schools.
According to The Southeast Missourian, the St. Louis-based non-profit group The Children’s Education Alliance of Missouri wants the state to issue individual schools a letter grade from A to F, in addition to the accreditation ratings the state gives to each school district.
The group says that a district may have full accreditation, but individual schools in the district could be struggling. Twelve other states have adopted the school grade plan.
Officials with the Missouri Department of Education say that the proposal needs to be studied further.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet