Woman Jailed for Stealing Cigarettes in 1991
PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. — The lesson here kids is… don’t steal.
A woman was arrested in Florida last Thursday while wrapping up a Disney cruise ship vacation over a petty crime she committed two decades earlier.
Robin Hall, who’s now married and has two children, was arrested when police checked the ship’s registry to see if any potential terrorists were on-board.
Hall admitted she stole cigarettes in 1991 and had an unpaid court fee of $85. A warrant was later issued for her arrest.
Since the fine was never paid, the warrant was considered outstanding and cops arrested her.
“‘I take full responsibility for what I did — I do not believe I deserve this,” she told a Connecticut TV station.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370