Woman Jailed for Stealing Cigarettes in 1991
PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. — The lesson here kids is… don’t steal.
A woman was arrested in Florida last Thursday while wrapping up a Disney cruise ship vacation over a petty crime she committed two decades earlier.
Robin Hall, who’s now married and has two children, was arrested when police checked the ship’s registry to see if any potential terrorists were on-board.
Hall admitted she stole cigarettes in 1991 and had an unpaid court fee of $85. A warrant was later issued for her arrest.
Since the fine was never paid, the warrant was considered outstanding and cops arrested her.
“‘I take full responsibility for what I did — I do not believe I deserve this,” she told a Connecticut TV station.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet