KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Many people are having trouble affording dental care in the down economy. The UMKC School of Dentistry is offering free care for those who qualify and need small fillings or a deep cleaning.
Graduating seniors must do those fillings and cleanings as part of their board exams to become dentists. Approximately 300 patients are needed.
According to the dental school, qualified patients must also:
- Be older than 18
- Be in good health
- Not wear braces or fixed orthodontics
- Not have dentures or the need for them
- Have their back molars and more than 16 teeth
- Not receive chemotherapy or radiation treatment
- Be available for a four-hour session in the morning or afternoon of Sunday, March 17 or Monday, March 18.
Those who meet the criteria must schedule a half-hour screening session between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26 at the School of Dentistry, 650 E. 25th St. To schedule or for more information, call 816-200-2278 or email email@example.com.