Hillary Clinton Shouts at Republican Senator Following Benghazi Questioning
“What difference does it make?” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton shouted in anger on Wednesday in response to persistent questioning by a conservative Republican senator about initial, erroneous government talking points that the Benghazi terrorist attack grew out of a protest.
In an exchange with Sen. Ron Johnson, who repeatedly accused the White House of misinformation, Clinton became angry.
“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans,” Clinton said. “Was it because of a protest or because of guys out for a walk one night and decided to go kill some Americans? At this point what difference does it make, senator?”
According to reports, Clinton later addressed Sen. Jeff Flake.
“Senator, we didn’t have a clear picture … and if you wish to fault the administration it’s [because] we didn’t have a clear picture and didn’t do a good enough job of explaining we didn’t have a clear picture.”
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet